Next Start Date:
Monday January 18, 2021
Download the TIPT Quality Control Analyst digital brochure to learn more about the program, course syllabus, and career options.
The Pharmaceutical Quality Control Analyst Certificate is a hands-on pharmaceutical analysts program that combines applied chemistry with specific in-depth training in pharmaceutical industry drug analysis. This program is suited for individuals with strong background in chemistry and who have had prior laboratory experience.
Practical experience in quality control is imparted through skills gained in areas such as raw material testing, in-process testing, finished product testing, method validation and pharmaceutical statistics.
- Quicker duration combined with intensive training
- Industry standard laboratory software training
- Industry relevant experience during training
- Training in Health Canada-licensed facility
- Transferable skills to other industries
The foundation module is designed to provide a background in applications of analytical chemistry and introduce new concepts in pharmaceutical quality control, statistics, pharmaceutical laboratory compliance and GMP. A crucial component of the foundation module is the introduction of pharmaceutical laboratory safety and chemical handling which prepares students for dealing with pharmaceutical laboratory compliance issues.
This module provides training in pharmaceutical instrumentation and quality control drug testing. Emphasis is placed on:
- Compendial drug assays
- In-process quality control testing
- Analytical Instrumentation
- Laboratory GMP compliance
- Sampling plans & Statistics
Method validation practical training is provided in analytical instruments such as HPLC , which includes the method validation and standard operating procedures
The advanced module is primarily project based. These projects include compendial drug assays, in-process and finished product testing, utilizing primarily UV-VIS Spectroscopy and High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC). These laboratory skills are applied to analytical method validation and drug testing in compliance with current regulations governing the industry.
Examination & Continuous Assessment
Written, oral and practical examinations are mandatory at the end of the foundation and core modules. In the advanced module, assessment is based on dissertation and viva-voce. In addition, the overall grade is also based on continuous assessments encompassing GMP and GLP compliance, pharmaceutical documentation skills and interim quizzes.
The Pharmaceutical Quality Control Analyst Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of all three modules.
Some of the skills acquired during the program include:
- Pharmaceutical Drug Analysis
- Method Validation
- Analytical instrumentation (HPLC, GC, Spectroscopy)
- GMP Compliance Testing
- Bachelor of Science degree (majoring in Biological, Applied or Health Science, Chemistry, Pharmacy, some areas in Life Sciences, or a related field) or a Canadian technology / life science college diploma
- Internationally-educated individuals must have their qualifications evaluated by one of the following:
- Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the program
Discover the fee breakdown for Pharmaceutical Quality Control Analyst and how it translates into an investment into your career with our Pros vs. Costs overview.
Financial aid may available for those who qualify. Learn about OSAP & financing.
Students can complete this program with the following scheduling options:
- Full-time: weekly daytime classes, completed in 29 weeks.
- Flex: full-time classes on evenings & weekends, completed in 29 weeks.
- Flex+: part-time classes over a longer duration.
From the Classroom to your Career
The career paths of our graduates lead them to high-paying jobs in various industries including pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, advanced-drug delivery, medical devices, food, cosmetics, natural product, nutraceutical and other life science industries.
Graduates of this program secure employment in positions such as a:
- Quality Control Analyst-Level I
- Quality Control Technician
- Laboratory Chemist
- In-Process QC
- Validation Technician