How to Apply
International Student Admission involves a Simplified Three stage process:
To ensure you receive your admission in a timely manner, please read this page in full before applying. Make sure to and have all the required documents listed below and follow the requirement at each stage.
- Scan of your passport biographic page
- Notarized copies of high school, college or university transcripts (see program prerequisites).
- Proof of English proficiency for International Undergraduate Students click here. English proficiency is not required if you are from an exempted country, see list.
International Application Fee:
To apply to The Toronto Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology as an International Student, there is a non-refundable fee of $250 Canadian Dollars.
- If applying online, click the “Apply Online” button, complete the form, and pay the application fee (We accept Visa, Mastercard or American Express).
- If applying manually, click on the “Download Application” button to download a PDF copy of the application. Print and sign one copy of your completed application, and proof of non-refundable $250 Canadian Dollars application fee payment. You may pay the application fee by credit card (complete the credit card authorization form), by Western Union Transfer ( Payee TIPT) , or by International Money Order. Then submit your application via:
- By mail or courier:
International Education Admissions Office
Toronto Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology
55 Town Centre Court — Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario Canada M1P 4X4
- By fax: +1 416 296-7077
- By Email:
- Scan signed application and save as “TIPT Application-Your Name”.
- E-mail your application with the subject “Scanned Application-Your Name" to email@example.com
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application and the non-refundable $250 Canadian Dollars application fee. Your application will be reviewed by the International Education Admissions Office, and you will receive notification of your status within 2 weeks.
- Once we have reviewed your Application, and determined your program eligibility, you will receive an email informing you of your eligibility for the selected program.
- If deemed eligible for admission, you will receive a Conditional Letter of Acceptance for the program of interest along with an invoice for 25% of the Tuition fees for that program
- This invoice must be paid before the expiration of your Conditional Letter of Acceptance.
- Once you receive a Conditional letter of Acceptance and have paid your minimum required Tuition fee of 25% (twenty-five % of the Tuition fees for the program), as stipulated in the letter, you will receive a Formal Official Letter of Acceptance required to obtain a Study Permit (Visa)
- You may pay your tuition fee by credit card (complete the credit card authorization form) , by Western Union Transfer ( Payee TIPT) , or by International Money Order.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Refund Before a Program Begins
Students are entitled to a refund of fees paid for a program; however, TIPT is allowed to retain 20% of the total fees for the program or $500, (whichever is less) if:
- If you are unable to obtain a student visa to enter Canada.
- A student withdraws from the program before it begins.
- A student does not meet the program's admission requirements before the program begins
- TIPT cancels the contract for the program within 45 days of the start of the program because the student does not attend the first 14 days of classes.
Partial Refund After a Program Begins
If you withdraw from a program after the program begins, you may be entitled to a refund of fees paid for the program, depending on how much of the program has been delivered by TIPT. In most cases, TIPT is allowed to retain 20% of the total fees for the program or $500, whichever is less, plus the fees paid with respect to the portion of the program that has been delivered by the college.
English Proficiency Requirements for International Undergraduate Students
Except those students from exempted countries, international students are required to supply proof of English proficiency. This is a mandatory requirement.
The following are accepted:
English Proficiency Test
550 (paper-based test)
All proof of English Proficiency documents submitted must be official. TIPT will accept documents that have been sent from the granting institution only. We will not accept emailed, photocopied, notarized or attested documents.
English Language Exempt Countries
Antigua & Barbuda
British Solomon Island
British West Indies
Canal Zone (USA)
Gilbert & Ellice Island
Isle of Man
Leeward Islands (1)
Trinidad & Tobago
Turks & Caicos Island
Virgin Island (USA)
Virgin Island (UK)
Wake-Midway Island (USA)
Windward Islands (2)
(1) Leeward Island includes Antigua, Angulla, Barbuda, Guadeloupe, St. Kitts, St. Martin, , and the British Virgin Islands.
(2) Windward Islands include Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, The Grenadines, and Trinidad & Tobago.